THAT the Regional Board conditionally support Agricultural Land Commission Application A-20-02, applicant D. Garcha, to allow a non-farm use to occur within the Agricultural Land Reserve pursuant to Section 20.3 of the Agricultural Land Commission Act, on part of the following property: Lot 1, District Lots 911 and 1311, ODYD, Plan KAP48672;
AND THAT the Regional Board recommends the Agricultural Land Commission ensure:
- A professional agrologist is retained to monitor the orchard development process;
- A detailed site drainage, erosion, and sediment control plan is required to protect the sensitive nature of the Trepanier Creek gully and associated riparian area;
- Submission of a detailed dust mitigation plan;
- Submission of a trucking route plan ensuring safe traffic movements onto Trepanier Road;
- Removal of all fill located outside of the ALR portion of the parcel;
- All future soil and fill materials are restricted to and contained within the ALR portion of the property;
- Fencing is located only along the ALR boundary of the parcel; and,
- Consideration is given early in the approval process regarding future farm worker housing needs, buildings, site coverage, and residential footprints.
AND FURTHER THAT staff be directed to forward the subject application to the Agricultural Land Commission for consideration.